Monday, December 22, 2008

Harlem in the 80’s

How do you get outta the hood
When the hood is in your head?

And the very
The chambers of my heart
The are like Harlem in the 80's
it's way late after dark

My emotions are the burnt out buildings
the windows eyes that don't see
The walls themselves
A squatter's paradise
Heroin Crack
Rats and mice

How do I get outta the hood
when the hood is in my head
And the very chambers of my heart
Arelike Harlem in the 80's
And its way late after dark

There's a person that lives in me
her name is no
every time I want to up and outta here
She tells me don't you go

She took my potential
and put it on a shelf to High
Every time I reach for it
No says Don't you try.

How do I get out of the hood when the hood is in my head?
And the chambers of my heart
They are like Harlem in the 80's
And it's way late after dark

No comments:

Post a Comment